Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Human ResourcesImportant Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.Job Requisition ID:R00024372Job Category:Health SystemOrganization:Chemistry and Special ChemistryLocation/s:Main Campus JacksonJob Title:Medical Laboratory Technician - Clinical Lab - FTJob Summary:To perform routine medical laboratory test for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. To collect blood or tissue samples, observing the principles of asepsis.Education & Experience
Associate's degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology and eligibility for certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician by a recognized certifying agency.Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesResponsibilities
Physical and Environmental Demands
- Collects, processes, and handles blood and/or other biological specimens in accordance with established procedures; instructs patients in the appropriate collection of samples.
- Conducts clinical laboratory tests in the areas of hematology, microbiology, immunology, clinical chemistry, and urinalysis, as assigned. Conducts chemical analysis of body fluids such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid using microscope or automatic analysis.
- Conducts blood tests for transfusion purposes and blood counts.
- Develops and maintains cell/tissue cultures for testing purposes; examines cells to locate abnormalities.
- Prepares volumetric solutions and reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
- Sets up, adjusts, maintains, and cleans laboratory equipment; promotes safety, environmental, and/or infection control practices and methods.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, exposure to bio-hazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, occasional crouching/stooping, frequent pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking.Time Type:Full timeFLSA Designation/Job Exempt:NoPay Class:HourlyFTE %:100Work Shift:Benefits Eligibility:Job Posting Date:09/26/2022Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
The University of Mississippi Medical Center is an EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Title VI/Title VII/Title IX/504/ADA/ADEA employer. The University of Mississippi Medical Center’s education, research, and service programs are open to every qualified person. Equal Employment Opportunity is announced, provided, and ensured for all persons and affirmative action is taken to guarantee that individuals recruited, hired, trained, promoted, will in all ways be treated equally without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, socio-economic status, culture, or genetic information. Inquiries or concerns may be made to: Employee Relations, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216.